Bringing Hope in a Handbag
By teaching and nurturing hands-on trade skills, academic learning and a Biblical based relationship with Jesus Christ, leadership skills are developing and transformational life changes are taking place in the lives of those we serve. The artisans are growing in confidence and experiencing encouragement as they step out and envision a different future for themselves and the ones they care for.
ReycloCraftz is making an educational, economic and eternal difference in the lives of impoverished, widowed, unemployed and orphaned women, men, youth and children in Zambia.
OUR PHILOSOPHY OF MISSIONS
- If one of you says to them, “ Go in peace; keep warm and well fed, “ but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? James 2:16
- Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed. Psalm 82:3
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, they are a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. – 2 Corinthians 5:17
- We nurture a hand-up philosophy not a hand-out mentality
- Train artisans in vocational skills with an emphasis on crocheting, sewing and assembling purses and other crafts primarily using recycled materials, the items are sold in the US and Zambia.
- Educate adult members, their children and orphans they care for in a stimulating environment in where they have access to tools that foster growth, mastery of cognitive skills and functional literacy so they can read and more importantly read God’s Word.
- Nurture academic learning in groups, teaching trade skills to peers and integrating a model/assist/watch/launch leadership training philosophy during Bible study times.
- Disciple participants in a Biblical world-view and an Acts-based Christian community where weekly Bible teaching is provided to encourage unity, bear one another’s burdens and build each other up.
………. Their perception of self and their future is changing as they grow in confidence and grasp the value of an honest work ethic and see themselves as world changers. They step out and envision a different future for themselves and the ones they care for.
Our Core Values
Prayer – We cling tightly to the Word of God and acknowledge that nothing comes to us without His power and provision as we focus on turning all needs, desires and decisions over to Him thru prayer and fasting.
Spiritual Growth – We provide Biblical based teaching- holding out the opportunity to know God, deepen faith in Him, and sow seeds to foster understanding of what it means to live out a Biblical faith everyday in all areas of life.
Grace – We give more than deserved to those around us with whom we interact out of a love and understanding of Jesus Christ and what He did for us.
Hope– We encourage one another in all phases of life, teaching that there is no guarantee of immunity from harm but a conviction that God is always present.
Justice – We foster a ‘thinking of others’ not a ‘just me’ philosophy with a bias in favor of the disadvantaged.
Integrity – We model, interact and teach those with whom we engage to do what is right even when no one is watching.
Compassion – We show care, sensitivity and tolerance, using our talents and treasures to minister to those around us who are suffering or who are facing misfortune, without thought of preconceived walls of discrimination extending grace and giving more than one deserves.
Sustainability -We teach and provide opportunities to build economic, educational and social continuity incorporating environmentally responsible materials.
Excellence – We empower and nurture individual potential, striving toward quality and excellence in whatever one finds themselves doing, regularly evaluating and redefining goals and expectations.
Creativity– We cultivate a philosophy of originality among the artisans to unleash imagination, inspiration and ingenuity seeing innovation in their handcrafts and all areas of life.